Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Postcard, 1949 Oct. 3, (Summerton, S.C.), [Parents' Committee on Action], to Perdey Washington, (Summerton, S.C.)
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People--Trials, litigation, etc
Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
- Benson, S. Isaiah
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Postcard from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Chairman, [Parents'] Committee on Action, Summerton, S.C.) to Perdey Washington (Summerton, S.C.) re unanimous vote 30 Sept. 1949 to 'not cooperate' with the Scott's Branch School until Rev. Mr. Benson, A.B., PhD., Principal, be removed; meeting and barbacue called for 6 Oct. 1949 at St. Mark [A.M.E.] Church, Summerton, S.C.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 4)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library