Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1949 Sept.10, (Summerton, S.C.), [Parents'] Committee on Action, to parents of children of Scott's Branch School, (Summerton, S.C.)
- Georgia, Robert, Ragin, Edward, De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People--Trials, litigation, etc
Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from [Parents'] Committee on Action (Summerton, S.C.) Notice to Parents requests they not give money to Scott's Branch School until an understanding and agreement is made with school officials; handwritten calculation on reverse.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 4)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library