Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1948 Sept. 30, (Summerton, S.C.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to [James M.] Hinton and [Harry R.] Boulware, [Columbia, S.C.]
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Boulware, Harold R., d. 1983--Correspondence
Hinton, James M.--Correspondence
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
Public Schools--South Carolina--Clarendon County
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Summerton, S.C.) to James M. Hinton (President, SC NAACP Chapter) and attorney Harold R. Boulware, (Columbia, S.C.) requesting legal advice re Summerton School Supt. H.B. Betchman's decision to make all of the out of district childern [sic] make application to the trustees of their home district to attend school; re Levi Pearson's uncertain position between districts 5 and 26 and bus transportation case [Pearson v. County Board of Education (1948)].
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 3)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library