Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1948 Mar., J.M. Hinton [Columbia, S.C.], Open letter to Negro Citizens in Clarendon County (S.C.)
- Hinton, James M.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- Hinton, James M.--Correspondence
Voting--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Open letter from J.M. Hinton (President, State NAACP) to African American citizens of Clarendon County (S.C.); notes Federal Court has ordered the Democratic Club Books opened in all Counties in South Carolina, except Richland, for Negroes to enroll their names if they desire to do so; urges all respectable Negroes to enroll to vote in the upcoming primary (10 Aug. 1948); should any respectable Negro be denied this special privilege please make out an Affadavit.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 2)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library