Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1948 Mar. 5, (Summerton, S.C.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to J.M. Hinton, [Columbia, S.C.]
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Hinton, James M.--Correspondence
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People--Trials, litigation, etc
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Summerton, S.C.) to James Hinton, President, State NAACP (Columbia, S.C.) re discrimination in voter registration in Clarendon County, S.C.; well qualified Negroes [mainly teachers] were turned down because lawyer McFadden and others don't want Negroes to qualify.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 2)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library