Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1948 Feb. 5, (Summerton, S.C.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to James Hinton, (Columbia, S.C.)
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Hinton, James M.--Correspondence
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
South Carolina Conference--Trials, litigation, etc
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, Summerton, 33.60822, -80.3512
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Summerton, S.C.) to James Hinton (President, State NAACP Chapter, Columbia, S.C.) re stalled bus transportation case [Pearson v. County Board of Education (1948)]; observes when [the case] breaks to the public it will give great courage to many who are waiting on leadership; encloses balance of Clarendon County NAACP Treasury; [DeLaine's] handwritten note adds that work stalled Dec. 1943 after Rev. DeLaine's health failed and money remained in bank over four years.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 2)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library