Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1947 Nov. 4, (Summerton, S.C.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to L.B. McCord, State Supervisors, Mrs. Carrigan, (Clarendon County, S.C.)
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Public Schools--South Carolina--Clarendon County: African American schools--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African American students--South Carolina--Clarendon County
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Summerton, S.C.) to L.B. McCord (Clarendon County Supt. of Edu.), Mrs. Carrigan, (Attendance Teacher), State Supervisors, and police expressing gratidude for their effort to enforce attendance laws at Silver School; fears a public example will have to be made... before our unconcerned folks will believe that South Carolina has an attendance law that applies to colored children.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 1)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library