Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1947 Oct. 1, (Columbia, S.C.), Harold R. Boulware, to Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., (Summerton, S.C.)
- Boulware, Harold R.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974.-- Correspondence
Boulware, Harold R., d. 1983--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
Public Schools--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African American lawyers--South Carolina--Correspondence
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from attorney Harold Boulware (Columbia, S.C.) to Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., (Summerton, S.C.), I am now processing the law in an effort to file the school bus transportation suit [Pearson v. County Board of Education (1948)]. [Case, filed 16 Mar. 1948, was thrown out of court 8 Jun. because plaintiff, Levi Pearson, lived in wrong school district].
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 1)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library