Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1947 July 29, (Columbia, S.C.), Harold R. Boulware, to Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., (Summerton, S.C.)
- Boulware, Harold R.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Boulware, Harold R., d. 1983--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
Public Schools--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African American lawyers--South Carolina--Correspondence
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from attorney Harold R. Boulware (Columbia, S.C.) to Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., (Summerton, S.C.), re S.C. school bus hearing [Pearson v. County Board of Education (1948)]; [DeLaine's] handwritten note claims letter marks the legal beginning of the movement set in motion by me for the benefit of Negro children and lists others involved in planning the legal case.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 1)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library