Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1946 July 6, (Manning, S.C., Davis Station, S.C.), Jessie J. Pearson [et al.], to W.A. Schiffley, (Columbia, S.C.)
- Pearson, Jessie J., Pearson, Frednand, Harvin, George F., Ranton, Jessie, Lemon, Bertice, Walker, Elven, Nelson, Samuel, Harvin, Fladger
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- Veterans--Education--Law and legislation--United States
African American veterans--Education--Government policy
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
Pearson, Jessie J.
Harvin, George F.
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
- Letter or petition to S.C. Board of Education (Columbia, S.C.) signed by eight African American veterans in Summerton, S.C.; requests assistance to establish a program in agricultural education that the G.I. Bill provides for veterans; suggests Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. as a potential teacher.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 1)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library