Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Minutes, 1949 June 8, (Summerton, S.C.) 1949 Senior Class and Parent's meeting, E.E. Richburb
- Richburg, E. E.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- Richburg, E.E.--Correspondence
Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- minutes (administrative records)
- Minutes of 1949 Senior Class and Parent's Group meeting (Summerton, S.C.) recorded by secretary E.E. Richburg [Pastor, Liberty Hill A.M.E. Church]; details inception of [Parents'] Committee on Action with Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. as chairman and lists charges against principal S. Isaiah Benson, including misappropriation of funds and neglect of teaching duties; De Laine cautions in case we fail to get the grievances considered by the Trustees it may be that we will have to appeal to the County or State Boars [sic] of Education. [Two days after submitting grievances, District 22 school trustees informed De Laine he would not be rehired to teach at Silver (Clarendon County, S.C.)]
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 3)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library