Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1973, Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., Open Letter to Reporter
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Sumter County (South Carolina)--Newspapers
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
- United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, 33.91617, -80.38232
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. to Reporter [Sumter Daily Item, (Sumter, S.C.)] re any negative effects De Laine may have suffered since speaking with reporter; De Laine outlines his perception of white people and prejudice; to Miss Martha Flowers crossed out.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 17)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library