Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1971 Feb. 27, (Hollis, Long Island, N.Y.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to Mrs. J.W. Travis and Advisory Commission on Human Relations, (Columbia, S.C.)
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Travis, Mrs. J.W.--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
- United States, New York, Queens County, Hollis, 40.71344, -73.76708
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Hollis, Long Island, N.Y.) to Mrs. J.W. Travis (Chairmain and Advisory Commission on Human Relations Columbia, S.C.) requesting commission advise Governor of S.C. [John West] to remove criminal charges against De Laine so he might return to S.C with protection of law; details events leading up to charges; Information Leading to Lake City Experience attached.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 14)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library