Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Memorandum, November 12, 1969, I. D. Newman to Concerned Clergy and Laity
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
African American clergy--South Carolina
African American Methodists--South Carolina
Methodist Church (U.S.). Board of Missions
- United States, South Carolina, Darlington County, 34.33235, -79.95769
United States, South Carolina, Darlington County, Mechanicsville, 34.34488, -79.75728
- 1 page
One page typewritten memorandum from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to the concerned clergy and laity of the South Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church. The memo, dated November 12, 1969, announces an upcoming meeting on November 16 in Mechanicsville, South Carolina, that members of the church have been granted a hearing by the Commission on Religion and Race, and that there will be a report from the annual meeting of the general Board of Missions with specific reference to how it relates to African American Methodists.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1969, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections