Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Concerned Clergy and Laity Announcement, October 15, 1969
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Folder: General, 1969, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Date of Original:
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). South Carolina Conference
United Methodist Church (U.S.)--Government
South Carolina--Race relations
Race relations--Religious aspects--United Methodist Church (U.S.)
Civil rights demonstrations--South Carolina--Orangeburg
African American clergy--South Carolina
Clergy--Political activity--South Carolina
Claflin College (Orangeburg, S.C.)
- United States, South Carolina, Orangeburg County, 33.43899, -80.8003
United States, South Carolina, Orangeburg County, Orangeburg, 33.49182, -80.85565
- One page announcement from the Concerned Clergy and Laity, South Carolina Conference, United Methodist Church, prepared and signed by I. DeQuincey Newman, Chairman. The document communicates the details of a mass meeting to be held at Claflin College on Sunday, October 19, 1969; the meeting was organized to address racism in ministerial appointments and ensure equal opportunity for African American Methodists in South Carolina.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections