Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, January 8, 1964, I. D. Newman to Serena L. Newman and siblings
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina
Real property, Exchange of--South Carolina
Real estate lawyers--South Carolina
Communication in families--South Carolina
- Mazursky, Morris
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- 1 page
One page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to his family including Serena L. Newman, Ratholean Gordon, Ernestine Crawford, James M. Newman, Matthew C. Newman, M. L. Newman, King M. Newman, Ernest W. Newman, and Omega F. Newman. The letter, dated January 8, 1964, announces that an attorney has offered $1,500.00 for the sale of land owned jointly by the family; Isaiah DeQuincey Newman advises selling the land and dividing the proceeds evenly among the heirs.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1964, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections