Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, March 6, 1979, I. D. Newman to Fred Heleine
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina--Sumter
African American clergy--South Carolina--Sumter
African American churches--South Carolina--Sumter
Church membership--South Carolina--Sumter
Church maintenance and repair--South Carolina--Sumter
- Heleine, Fred
- United States, New York, New York County, New York, 40.7142691, -74.0059729
United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, Sumter, 33.92044, -80.34147
- 3 pages
Three page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Dr. Fred Heleine at the Office of Church Extension, Board of Global Ministries, United Methodist Church, dated March 6, 1979. In the letter, Newman, the minister of Mount Zion United Methodist Church in Sumter, South Carolina, thanks Heleine for responding to a technical assistance inquiry regarding renovation and new construction at the Mount Zion United Methodist Church. Newman describes the membership of his church, and estimates the nature of the project and its costs; his lay estimates total $103,425.00. He concludes his letter by describing the enclosure of an additional worksheet that covers debt, resources, and building costs for the project.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Top., Meth. Ch., Mt. Zion, Sumter, Gen., 1978-1982, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections