Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Statement, September 23, 1983, I.D. Newman to the Joint Legislative Committee on Aging
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Older people--South Carolina
Older people--Economic conditions
Homestead exemptions--South Carolina
Older people--Care--South Carolina
- West, John Carl, 1922-2004
Riley, Richard W. (Richard Wilson)
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- Three page statement presented on September 23, 1983 to the South Carolina Joint Legislative Committee on Aging; the statement heralds the passage of property tax relief for older people in a homestead exemption act, and advocates for the improvement of social support services for the elderly that include long-term care and home based services.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1983, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections