Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon on the nature of the Holy Spirit
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
Holy Spirit (Judaism)
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- Three page handwritten sermon on the nature and function of the Holy Spirit. The sermon refers to the Holy Spirit as referenced in the Old Testament, names prophets who were moved by the Holy Spirit, names some of the ways in which the Holy Spirit was embodied in Jesus Christ, and quotes from the Biblical text Galatians 5:22-23 which defines the essence of the Holy Spirit. The sermon ends with a prayer summoning the Holy Spirit.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Top., Meth. Ch., Gen., Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections