Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Midcom Corporation, Reply to Nuance Corporation Findings and Conclusions, February 1, 1980
- Fields, Mark E.
- Date of Original:
- Radio stations--South Carolina--Columbia
United States. Federal Communications Commission
Minorities in broadcasting--South Carolina--Columbia
African Americans in radio broadcasting--South Carolina--Columbia
Radio broadcasting--South Carolina--Columbia
Radio--Law and legislation--South Carolina--Columbia
Radio broadcasting--Social aspects--South Carolina--Columbia
Radio stations--Licenses--South Carolina--Columbia
FM broadcasting--South Carolina--Columbia
Legal documents--South Carolina
- United States, District of Columbia, Washington, 38.89511, -77.03637
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- 6 pages
Six page reply dated February 1, 1980 representing Midcom Corporation regarding Nuance Corporation findings and conclusions in a Federal Communications Commission hearing; the two organizations were competitors in securing an FM radio license in Columbia, South Carolina. In this reply, Midcom asserts that Nuance relied on material not of record in the hearing; that information used to establish the availablity of one of its principals was not cited from the hearing transcript; that Nuance submitted irrelevant materials in an attempt to establish its broadcasting diversity; that Nuance exaggerated the role of a Midcom minority stockholder whose conduct was determined to be improper; and that Nuance attempted to disqualify Midcom survey interviews.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Top., Midcom Corp., 1980, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections