Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, June 16, 1957, Father's Day, "The Heart of a Father"
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
Fathers in the Bible
Prodigal son (Parable)
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- Two pages of a typewritten Father's Day sermon with handwritten notes, dated June 16, 1957 and titled "The Heart of a Father." The sermon quotes the Biblical text Luke 15:20, and upholds the parable of the prodigal son as an example of Christian fatherhood. The sermon emphasizes that fathers should tend to the needs of their households, remain steadfast in loving their children, and demonstrate forgiveness.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1950-1959, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections