Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, Fifty-eighth Anniversary of Bricklayers, Plasterers, Marble and Tile Setters, Cement Finishers, Terrazo and Stone Masons International, "Labor Sanctified"
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Labor unions--South Carolina
Francis, of Assisi, Saint, 1182-1226
Jesus Christ--Example--Biblical teaching
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- 2 pages
Two page typewritten sermon that emphasizes the importance of work, and its role in Christian faith and practice; the sermon notes that laborers are represented favorably throughout the Bible. The sermon concludes with several accounts of Jesus Christ's suffering and resurrection.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, n.d. f.1, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections