Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Statement of Johnny Bryant, May 23, 1960
- Wrighten, John H.
- Date of Original:
- Evidence, Documentary--South Carolina
Charleston (S.C.)--Race relations
African American farmers--South Carolina--Charleston
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- United States, South Carolina, Charleston County, Charleston, 32.77657, -79.93092
- Two page sworn statement of Johnny Bryant, dated May 23, 1960; Bryant describes being arrested by local authorities for property damages caused by pigs that he owned.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1960-1961, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections