Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon notes, include the lyrics of "Once to Every Man and Nation"
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Choice (Psychology)--Religious aspects--Christianity
- Whittier, John Greenleaf, 1807-1892
Lowell, James Russell, 1819-1891
Durant, Will, 1885-1981
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- 2 pages
Two pages of handwritten sermon notes that include a passage from the poem "The Meeting" by John Greenleaf Whittier, a quote from historian and philosopher Will Durant on the importance of good men, and the lyrics to the hymn "Once to Every Man and Nation" by James Russell Lowell.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, n.d., f.3, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections