Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, 1970, based on Acts 26:19
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
Edison, Thomas A. (Thomas Alva), 1847-1931
Wright, Orville, 1871-1948
Wright, Wilbur, 1867-1912
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- 2 pages
Two page handwritten sermon that quotes from Acts 26:19, emphasizes the importance of vision in leadership, and cites the name of leaders with vision, including Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Edison, Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, and Martin Luther King, Jr., among others.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, 1969-1979, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections