Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, March 11, 1979, "One Thing Needful"
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
Commitment to the church
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- Two pages of a handwritten sermon, dated March 11, 1979 and titled "One Thing Needful." The sermon quotes the Biblical text Luke 10:42, establishes reasons why Jesus Christ is the one thing needed most in the world, and emphasizes that church members must love and take pride in their congregation in order to ensure its spiritual prosperity.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, 1969-1979, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections