Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, September 20, 1981, "Fixed Purposes"
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Paul, the Apostle, Saint--Quotations
Nehemiah (Governor of Judah)--Quotations
Wesley, John, 1703-1791--Quotations
Knox, John, approximately 1514-1572--Quotations
MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964--Quotations
- Paul, the Apostle, Saint
Nehemiah (Governor of Judah)
Wesley, John, 1703-1791
Knox, John, approximately 1514-1572
MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- Two pages of a handwritten sermon dated September 20, 1981 that describes the heart as the center of a person's being; the sermon continues with a list of prominent men, and their most famous words.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, 1980-1984, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections