Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, January 25, 1982, I. D. Newman to H. V. Manning; Receipt, January 28, 1982, Claflin College
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina
African American clergy--South Carolina
College presidents--South Carolina--Orangeburg
Claflin College (Orangeburg, S.C.)--Tuition
- Crawford, Elma
- United States, South Carolina, Orangeburg County, 33.43899, -80.8003
United States, South Carolina, Orangeburg County, Orangeburg, 33.49182, -80.85565
- 2 pages
Two page item that include a one page typewritten letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to H. V. Manning, president of Claflin College, dated January 25, 1982, outlining the tuition payment of $1,437.00 on behalf of Elma Crawford; the second page of this item is a handwritten receipt from Claflin College for the tuition payment.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Top., Meth. Ch., Mt. Zion, Sumter, Claflin, 1981-1982 and n.d., Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections