Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Memorandum, c. 1964, I. D. Newman to NAACP Branches in South Carolina
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers--South Carolina
African American civil rights workers--South Carolina
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. South Carolina State Conference
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. South Carolina State Conference--Anniversaries
Fund raising--South Carolina
- Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- 2 pages
Two page typewritten memorandum from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, South Carolina field secretary for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, to South Carolina NAACP branches, probably written in 1964. The memo outlines activities and events to be held as part of the twenty-fifth anniversary celebration of the NAACP South Carolina State Conference, provides instructions for local branches to participate in the planning of the twenty-fifth anniversary celebration, and includes a fund raising appeal for the organization.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Newman, Top., NAACP, Misc., Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections