Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon based on Esther 4:14, February 14, 1943
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
Religion and ethics
Moral motivation--United States
Judgment of God
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- Three page handwritten sermon dated February 14, 1943, based on the Biblical text Esther 4:14; the sermon refers to the moral failings of modern civilization, and challenges the faithful to demonstrate sincerity and inspiration before God's pending judgment.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, 1940-1949, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections