Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Speech on ministerial leadership
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
Civic leaders--South Carolina
African American civic leaders--Georgia--Atlanta
Religious leaders--South Carolina
Role models--South Carolina
Jesus Christ--Political and social views
- Mays, Benjamin E. (Benjamin Elijah), 1894-1984
Rutledge, Archibald, 1883-1973
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- 4 pages
Four page handwritten speech on public leadership that addresses the use and abuse of power, offers the perspective of a Christian minister and civic leader, cites the influence of Dr. Benjamin Mays as a role model, and emphasizes the importance of fulfilling deeds.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, n.d. f.1, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections