Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, March 15, 1959, "Journey to Jerusalem," Silver Hill
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
Jesus Christ--Entry into Jerusalem
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- One page of a typewritten sermon, dated March 15, 1959, and titled "Journey to Jerusalem." The sermon quotes the Biblical text Luke 9:51, which focuses upon Jesus Christ's observance of Passover and entry into Jerusalem. The sermon refers to Christ's forecasting of his humiliation, crucifixion, and rebirth, and emphasizes the importance of joining Christ in his journey to the new Jerusalem.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1950-1959, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections