Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, June 25, 1958, Pastor's Anniversary, "Our Duty to Christian Pastors"
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- One page of a typewritten sermon, with handwritten notes, dated June 25, 1958, and titled "Our Duty to Christian Pastors." The sermon quotes the Biblical text Thessalonians 5:12-13, asserts the duty of Christian ministers to devote themselves to their congregations, and emphasizes that the members of church congregations must demonstrate their esteem for their ministers by attending services.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1950-1959, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections