Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Speech to graduating students
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
Commencement ceremonies--South Carolina
Academic achievement--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- 2 pages
Two page handwritten speech to graduating students that emphasizes how larger achievements are comprised of numerous smaller ones, reminds new graduates of the sacrifices of their parents and teachers, and recites directly from the poem "The Bridge Builder" by Will Allen Dromgoole, about a man who builds a bridge for the benefit of others even though he will only need to use it a single time.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, n.d. f.2, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections