Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, c. 1983, based on Luke 16:5
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Bible--Liturgical use--20th century
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
- Washington, George, 1732-1799
Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Moore, Harry T., 1905-1951
Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- 4 pages
Four page handwritten sermon that refers to Luke 16:5 and emphasizes that personal gains are built upon the service and sacrifice of others.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, 1980-1984, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections