Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Sermon, "Beliefs that matter"
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Sermons
Sermons, American--20th century
Sermons, American--African American authors
- Wesley, John, 1703-1791
Henry, Patrick, 1736-1799
Knox, John, approximately 1514-1572
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- 1 page
One page handwritten sermon titled "Beliefs that Matter" that includes quotes from the apostle Paul, English theologian John Wesley, American politician Patrick Henry, and Scottish theologian John Knox; the sermon ends with an appeal to "believe in the democracy of God, the kinship of the human family, and sacredness of all life."
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Sermons, n.d., f.3, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections