Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Speech to Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, 1957, "Progress Through Difficulty"
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Morris Brown A.M.E. Church, Charleston (S.C.)
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- One page of a typewritten speech with handwritten notes dated 1957, and titled "Progress through Difficulty" that begins with a passage from the Biblical text Exodus 14:15, recalls the trials of the Israelites as they escaped from Egypt, and emphasizes the importance of action during difficult times.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Digital image copyright 2008, The University of South Carolina. All rights reserved. For more information contact South Carolina Political Collections, USC, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Speeches, 1957-1984 & n.d., Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections