Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, March 29, 1983, I. D. Newman to A. McKay Brabham, Jr.
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina--Columbia
African American clergy--South Carolina--Columbia
Church development, New--South Carolina--Columbia
African American churches--South Carolina--Columbia
- Clark, Roy C.
- United States, Florida, Leon County, Tallahassee, 30.43826, -84.28073
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- 1 page
One page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Dr. A. McKay Brabham, Jr., dated March 29, 1983. In the letter, Newman announces to Brabham that he is organizing a new congregation in the Meadowlake Estates area of Columbia, South Carolina, that he has been given consent pending approval from church authorities, that he is following procedures established by the same overseeing bodies, and that he has asked seven other area churches to co-sponsor the venture. Newman ends the letter by letting Brabham know that he will contact the chairman of the District Committee for advisement on what church sponsorship will entail, and that he will approach Brabham again to discuss the project in a few days.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Top., Meth. Ch., Meadowlake New Church Project, 1983, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections