Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, September 21, 1972, I. D. Newman to James W. Pierce
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina
National Sharecroppers' Fund (U.S.)
Farm equipment--South Carolina--Wedgefield
Harvesting machinery--South Carolina--Wedgefield
Agricultural subsidies--South Carolina--Wedgefield
- United States, District of Columbia, Washington, 38.89511, -77.03637
United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, 33.91617, -80.38232
United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, Wedgefield, 33.89266, -80.51814
- 1 page
One page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to James W. Pierce, executive director of the National Sharecroppers Fund, dated September 21, 1971. In this letter, Newman thanks Pierce for funding the purchase of a potato harvester, outlines the costs involved in the purchase, and provides payment instructions.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1972, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections