Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, February 24, 1971, I. D. Newman to R. B. King
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing
African American clergy--South Carolina
Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Anniversaries, etc.
Rites and ceremonies--South Carolina
Choirs (Music)--South Carolina
Church membership--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, 33.91617, -80.38232
United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, Mayesville, 33.98766, -80.20813
- 1 page
One page typewritten letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Rev. R. B. King dated February 24, 1971 requesting that King present greetings at one of a series of scheduled church events celebrating the fortieth anniversary of Newman's admission to the ministry; Newman also requests the presence of the choirs from King's parishes to sing at one of the scheduled events.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1971, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections