Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, February 18, 1964, I. D. Newman to Katie B. Wright
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing
Tax collection--North Carolina
Taxpayer compliance--North Carolina
- United States, North Carolina, Buncombe County, Asheville, 35.60095, -82.55402
- 1 page
One page typewritten letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Katie B. Wright dated February 18, 1964 acknowledging his receipt of mortgage tax paperwork and describing the inclusion of a check in the amount of $5.51 as payment for 1960 taxes; he notes that he believes that he may have been billed twice for the amount in collection, and announces that he will discuss this with the account treasurer.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1964, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections