Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, March 14, 1983, I. D. Newman to Peden Gene Curry
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina--Columbia
African American clergy--South Carolina--Columbia
Church development, New--South Carolina--Columbia
African American churches--South Carolina--Columbia
- United States, South Carolina, Lexington County, 33.90233, -81.27219
United States, South Carolina, Lexington County, Cayce, 33.96571, -81.07398
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- 1 page
One page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Dr. Peden Gene Curry, chairman of the Conference Board of Missions, dated March 14, 1983. In the letter, Newman describes the enclosure of copies of correspondence related to a new church that he is seeking to establish in the Meadowlake Estates neighborhood of Columbia, South Carolina.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Top., Meth. Ch., Meadowlake New Church Project, 1983, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections