Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, January 25, 1983, I. D. Newman to Marshall L. Meadors
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina
African American clergy--South Carolina
District superintendents (Methodist)--South Carolina
Church consultation--South Carolina
Church development, New--Methodists
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- 1 page
One page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Marshall H. Meadors, superintendent of the Columbia, South Carolina district of the United Methodist Church. The letter, dated January 25, 1983, describes an enclosure of another letter to Bishop Clark regarding a new church project; Newman also invites advice for the organization of a new congregation.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Top., Meth. Ch., Meadowlake New Church Project, 1983, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections