Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, June 13, 1977, I. D. Newman to Butler C. Derrick
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina
Ambassadors--Selection and appointment--United States
Employment references--South Carolina
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924-
- United States, District of Columbia, Washington, 38.89511, -77.03637
United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- 1 page
One page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to South Carolina congressman Butler C. Derrick dated June 13, 1977; Newman thanks the congressman for recommending him to an ambassadorial post in the administration of president Jimmy Carter.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1976-1977, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections