Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, November 16, 1976, I. D. Newman to John C. West
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina
Résumés (Employment)--United States
Diplomats--Selection and appointment
Employment references--South Carolina
- West, John Carl, 1922-2004
Carter, Jimmy, 1924-
Hollings, Ernest F., 1922-2019
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- 1 page
One page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to John C. West, dated November 16, 1976. In this letter, Newman thanks West, the former governor of South Carolina, for his time spent in a previous meeting; Newman then describes the inclusion of his résumé to be submitted to president-elect Jimmy Carter so that he can be considered for a diplomatic post, and notes that a mutual friend will be speaking to South Carolina senator Ernest Hollings on his behalf.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1976-1977, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections