Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Minutes, June 19, 1973, Good Hope Farmers Cooperative Association
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Corporate minutes--South Carolina--Sumter
Cooperative societies--South Carolina--Sumter
Agriculture, Cooperative--South Carolina--Sumter
Cooperative societies meetings--South Carolina--Sumter
Cooperative societies--Officials and employees
African American farmers--South Carolina--Sumter
Farmers' markets--South Carolina--Sumter
- United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, Sumter, 33.92044, -80.34147
- 1 page
One page of handwritten meeting minutes for a meeting of the Good Hope Farmers Cooperative Association dated June 19, 1973; matters discussed in the meeting include authorizing the association's secretary-treasurer to purchase baskets for the sale of produce; giving authority to a cooperative member to get signs made for a roadside market; negotiating charges for members to sell produce at market; and sponsoring meetings at local churches.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: Newman, Top., Good Hope Farmers Coop. Assoc., Inc., 1972-1975 & n.d., Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections