Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, March 8, 1971, I. D. Newman to J. C. Thomas
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing--South Carolina
United States. Federal Housing Administration
City councils--South Carolina--Clinton
Real estate development--South Carolina--Clinton
Housing subsidies--South Carolina--Clinton
- United States, South Carolina, Laurens County, 34.48357, -82.00593
United States, South Carolina, Laurens County, Clinton, 34.47263, -81.88066
- 1 page
One page letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to J. C. Thomas, mayor of the city of Clinton, South Carolina, dated March 8, 1971. The letter acknowledges the receipt of a Clinton City Council resolution approving Statewide Homes Foundation (of which Newman serves as president) as the sponsor of 74 units of rent supplemented housing; Newman concludes the letter by notifying Thomas that Statewide Homes Foundation is now eligible to seek approval and funding from the Federal Housing Administration for the project.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1971, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections