Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, February 24, 1971, I. D. Newman to Franklin Johnson
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing
African American clergy--South Carolina
Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Anniversaries, etc.
Rites and ceremonies--South Carolina
Choirs (Music)--South Carolina
Church membership--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, Sumter, 33.92044, -80.34147
- 1 page
One page typewritten letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Rev. Franklin Johnson dated February 24, 1971 requesting that Johnson preside over services at one of a series of church events celebrating the fortieth anniversary of Newman's admission to the ministry; Newman also requests the choirs from Johnson's parishes to sing at the event, and for the members of Johnson's parishes to attend the event ceremony.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1971, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections