Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, February 24, 1971, I. D. Newman to Robert H. White
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing
Civil rights workers--South Carolina
African American civil rights workers--South Carolina
Congresses and conventions--Tennessee--Chattanooga
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- United States, South Carolina, Anderson County, 34.51909, -82.63788
United States, South Carolina, Pickens County, Clemson, 34.68344, -82.83737
United States, Tennessee, Hamilton County, Chattanooga, 35.04563, -85.30968
United States, Tennessee, Marion County, 35.12935, -85.62203
- 1 page
One page typewritten letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Dr. Robert H. White dated February 24, 1971; Newman notifies White that he will be unable to attend a meeting due to a previous commitment to attend the NAACP Southeast Regional Convention.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1971, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections