Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Letter, February 24, 1971, I. D. Newman to I. S. Jordan
- Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- Letter writing
African American clergy--South Carolina
Newman, I. DeQuincey (Isaiah DeQuincey), 1911-1985--Anniversaries, etc.
Rites and ceremonies--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
United States, South Carolina, York County, 34.97475, -81.18442
United States, South Carolina, York County, Rock Hill, 34.92487, -81.02508
- 1 page
One page typewritten letter from Isaiah DeQuincey Newman to Rev. I. S. Jordan dated February 24, 1971 requesting Jordan's presence at a church event celebrating the fortieth anniversary of Newman's admission to the ministry; in addition to providing directions to the church, Newman also requests that if Jordan is unable to attend the event, that he provide a letter to be read at the celebration ceremony.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Folder: General, 1971, Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, South Carolina Political Collections, The University of South Carolina Libraries
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections